[ubuntu-art] New Wave

Anton Kerezov ankere at gmail.com
Wed May 7 16:48:51 BST 2008

В 17:26 +0200 на 07.05.2008 (ср), Giuseppe Pennisi написа:
> Anto ha scritto:
> > ?Giuseppe Pennisi wrote:
> > > ?Very Nice.
> > > I think that it's the right way to make the new theme for Intrepid.
> > >
> > > If I want to try the theme, where can I download it?
> > >
> > > But this theme is only for Compiz ?
> > >
> > > gp
> >
> > I attach the theme pack with all necessary files to make your PC look
> > like the one at the screenshots.
> >
> Thanks!!!
> I confirm that for me it's the best way to develop the future Ubuntu
> theme.
>
> > Not only for compiz but uses it if you have it (compiz comes
> > preinstalled on Ubuntu 7.04, 7.10 and 8.04 LTS). So don't worry about
> > that. You will also need to use emerald. If it is not started you can
> > run it by typing that in a terminal window or in the run dialog (Alt
> > +F2,
> > that is better):
> >
> Yes. My question was not this but if, or how to use Emerald.
> But my question was if the same theme can be applied without Emerald.
> I noted that the NewWave window decoration can be applied only with
> Emerald because is not present the same decoration for Metacity.
> Without the Emerald window decoration the theme is not exactly the same thing.
> A good idea can be to make a Metacity theme similar to Emerald.
>
> gp
>
> ps: sorry for my non good English. :-)

Hi gp,

Sorry for the explanation. Right now we are interested in new software
as metacity is slowly loosing ground (my opinion). If you know how to
make a metacity theme - you are welcomed to do it and show it to us (the
mailing list).

Anton