[ubuntu-art] ubuntu-art Digest, Vol 35, Issue 8

Nicholas Kraak lostoverthere at gmail.com
Sun May 4 01:40:42 BST 2008

> Hi!
>
> I made this mockup today:
> http://www.info.fundp.ac.be/~fde/ubuntu_intrepid.jpg<http://www.info.fundp.ac.be/%7Efde/ubuntu_intrepid.jpg>
<http://www.info.fundp.ac.be/%7Efde/ubuntu_intrepid.jpg>

> It is not complete, and I'm not sure if the icons are the best choice, but
> this is pretty close to what I'd like Ubuntu to look like, especially the
> taskbars.

Fran?ois, that theme is really nice! The black and white monocoloured icons
work great on the top menu bar. My only suggestion would be to not make
Applications, Places and System fonts in bold.

I'm starting to think we can make a theme that pleases both people who like
dark and light themes by mixing the Ubuntu Orange colours with dark menu
bars which is both attractive and easy on the eye.