[ubuntu-art] Public advertising for 8.04

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Tue Mar 25 22:33:09 GMT 2008

On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 4:21 PM, CALGAR CALGAR <calgarc at yahoo.com> wrote:
> what do youe guys think about public advertising for ubuntu 8.04. i am soon
> planning on creating some posters and spamming them around my school. i
> think that too many people are still using windows and still complaining
> about it. I mean when i am in the computer lab people wonder what i am
> doing. they don't even know what linux is. i think creating and posting some
> posters would be nice. also with my school (since i am running linux from
> flash) i can easily print out posters and send them out around school. also
> if you guys think advertising at my school is ok i can use some of your
> poster designs and send them out. also how about getting in with certain
> school and having some sort of free distro thing where you hand out free
> copies.
>
> i am planning to print out my poster designs as soon as i finish them and
> sending them out into the public

There is actually a team of people who love to do that stuff... the
ubuntu-marketing team coordinates activities like this for every
release. A lot of the people on the art team are also part of that
team but you should probably discuss it there. I've seen posters for
the various releases in the past so there is probably already
something in development. They tend to be a very exuberant bunch who
love to creatively spread the word.

--
Matthew Nuzum
newz2000 on freenode