[ubuntu-art] Borderless windows: Goods and bads?

Julian Oliver julian at selectparks.net
Mon Mar 24 19:50:32 GMT 2008

..on or around Sun, Mar 23, 2008 at 10:04:13PM -0700, Dylan McCall said:

> Simple screenshot to show off:
> http://img169.imageshack.us/img169/3945/yayfu2.png

just quickly i'd like to show my vote for that screenshot. it really
does 'open up' the desktop as you suggest, prioritising the application
content over the window manager. a frustrating thing about Human, and
GNOME in general is just how in-you-face all those title bars are - all
these horizontal stripes of rich colour, the density of which accumulate
with every new window. it really dominates far too much i think. it's
too heavy.

to these ends it would be good to see before-and-after screenshots with
several 'typical' applications open. it may help to make your case.

that said what is seen in your screenshot may not be at all practical -
especially for those that aren't power users and know the
minimise/maximise key combinations by heart.

regardless, it is refreshing to see.

cheers,

--
julian oliver