[ubuntu-art] creamlooks-gtk

Daniel Sargeant dsargeant at gmail.com
Tue Mar 18 14:50:58 GMT 2008

Thanks for the help; gtk_compile.sh worked.  I neglected to run configure
the first try, just ran make and make install.  I really like how the menus
and tabs have a consistent look.  I also like that the scrollbars have good
visibility and that gtk color choosing is integrated into the theme.  The
subtle gradients in the buttons and progress bars are nice as well,  but
don't match the glossy look of the scrollbar.  You're probably aware of
this, but the menus aren't unified in non-gtk apps like Firefox, and the
top-left pixel is missing.  Also, default shadows in Compiz and Metacity's
compositor create a shodow across the top of the menu, spoiling the unified
look.  I noticed in the screen shot you configured compiz to render the
shadow below the top of windows, which works well.  Metacity's compositing
doesn't allow for that configuration, however.  Thanks for the hard work!

Daniel