[ubuntu-art] Test Ubuntu 8.04 Alpha5

sylvain marc sam7.ubuntu at gmail.com
Fri Mar 7 00:00:12 GMT 2008

I just have a look at the screensaver, i think there are some new... it's
good.
I'v got some problems for the "update" of the system, but i think it's
because it was alpha version...
The FireFox 3.0 is interesting & its new bookmarks system looks
interesting... i hope it could conserv le 2.0 bookmarks
The new application "Passwords and Encryption Keys" looks interesting too
The Gimp 2.4.4 is OK, but the name is writen completely, i prefere only "the
GIMP"
And for OOO, it was the 2.3 (i dont know if a new version come or not...
Remote Desktop Viewer is new too... good (but only for administrators, not
for curent users)
Brasero is OK (better than Serpentine)
The new "Autorization" looks verry interesting... only for administrators
Screensavers & screen resolution must be inclued in apparence... and others
: i think we must have
one control pannel for "preference" & one control pannel for
"administration"... & i hope in the 8.04 LTS, not in the 8.10, it was too
late, because at works, we nearly have Ubuntu 8.04 LTS instead of Windows...

Thinks a lot

Sam7