[ubuntu-art] gtk theme

Sebastian Billaudelle sebbil at gmx.de
Wed Mar 5 12:52:03 GMT 2008

Hi folks!

Because my modem-driver is broken (never play around with
startup-scripts;-)) I wasn't able to read the mails.
I'll do it later, because I'm sitting in an internet cafe and I'm a
little bit short in time.

I'm sorry for my bad and short post. I'll post more later!

I've looked into the xl_cheese-/clearlooks-engine and changed some
points.
I could go on like this fixing the points written before.

At first, there was the problem that windows without a toolbar looked
ugly, because the color of the menubar was not the same as the windows
bg-color.
That's changed now: The menubar is colored like the background of the
window and the gradient of the toolbar is changed a little bit to fit to
that change...

The first point is the "unity of the menubaritem and the menu itself". I
looked into the code of the eXperience-engine and hacked a little bit in
clearlooks.
That should work now to, even if the menu is placed higher than the
menubar (Then the menubaritem-widget is turned "upside down").
Compiz/Emerald is still a problem...

Here's a little screenshot:
http://img248.imageshack.us/my.php?image=bildschirmfoto1su9.png
Later I'll upload the engine, but I've to clean up the code before (This
was my first contact to C;-)).

cheers stein