[ubuntu-art] Maybe some Ideas can be taken from this.

Conn subpsyke at eircom.net
Wed Jun 25 04:05:59 BST 2008

On Wed, Jun 25, 2008 at 2:56 AM, xl cheese <xl_cheese at hotmail.com> wrote:

> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Intrepid/xl_cheeselooks...#preview
>
> Idea is that all the non active things are more matte while the active
> things are a lil glossy.  Merged menubar/toolbar...  Unique tabs, radio
> buttons/check boxes (similar to ubuntulooks), scrollbars that prelight.  It
> also uses the clearlooks selected box instead of dotted lines.
>
> If you look *closely* into the engine you'll see something I started, but
> never finished.  Here's a hint.  :)  It's a style that targets a specific
> type of theme that I have never seen before.  It will run, but I did not get
> all the widgets redone to work right.

The last thing we need in Ubuntu is another unmaintained engine - thankfully
Ubuntulooks will be deprecated for Intrepid's release. As for the
matte/glossy look, that can be achieved using a combination of
"gradient_shades" and "highlight_ratio" in the SVN Murrine engine that's
already included with Intrepid. See the images attached to this post for a
preview of the updated Human-Murrine (light colours) and UbuntuStudio
themes, with a less glossy appearance:
http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php?p=5199242&postcount=3