[ubuntu-art] Elegant Brit

Miroslav Mazel mazelm at gmail.com
Mon Jun 16 18:51:49 BST 2008

I really like the theme too. I like the blue theme better than the brown
one, though. And I have a few comments: - A line needs to separate the
taskbar from the desktop.
 - The title bar buttons need to be bigger
 - Inactive windows need to look less like active windows
If these are fixed, then the theme should be included in Ubuntu.

On Mon, Jun 16, 2008 at 5:02 PM, Who <mailforwho at googlemail.com> wrote:

On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 2:56 PM, fruchtschwert <fruchtschwert at freenet.de>
wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I'm in love with this theme .. it's definitely something, which is fresh,
> plain and beautiful.
> Maybe it can be tweaked a bit and considered for Intrepid too .. beside
New
> Wave ;-)
>
> http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Elegant+Brit?content=74553

I agree this is a very good theme - and I'd like to bring out some of
the things I think are good about it

 * Distinctive: No other OS looks like this BUT it doesn't break
usability.... I.E it's unique and usable... All elements (with the
possible exception of the menus that really need an outline if you
want to use them without a shadow-porviding WM)
 * Good use of Colour: We are limited in the Ubunut Palette, but this
theme demonstrates how colour can really make a good theme]
 * Flat, Matte. It is nice to move away form the glossy effects that
have felt dated for a wile now, and this does it without feeling like
it goes back to win 9x
 ** Consistent ** : Here is a really important one, imo: the people
that like Elegant Brit have made sure that it is possible to
_completely_ theme Gnome, splash screens, icons, GDM etc. If you are
so inclined (and I am :P) then you can make the UI feel completely
integrated into this design. It is complete, and 'polished' (without
being shiny). There aren't any elements left hanging that feel out of
place

There is a good brownish equivalent that we might like to consider
editing for inclusion in Ubuntu:
Elegant Blankon:
http://gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Elegant+Blankon?content=78134