[ubuntu-art] New Wave Icons

fruchtschwert fruchtschwert at freenet.de
Mon Jun 9 23:59:59 BST 2008

Am Montag, den 09.06.2008, 13:44 -0700 schrieb shadowh511:

>         Since I'm writing my thesis now, my time to develop the icon
>         theme is
>         very limited. Also my graphic-design- and inkscape-skills are
>         very
>         poor .. Maybe I can contribute an icon from time to time, but
>         then I've
>         got it mixed up from various old ones :-)
>
>         Still, my categories-icons are not all showing up correctly,
>         since I
>         don't know how to rename or symlink them. Would be great, if
>         somebody
>         could help.
>
>         And I would also want to change the "bookmarks"-icon which
>         appears in
>         the places-menu, when you've got more than five bookmarks in
>         there. The
>         existing one is ugly as hell. Don't know where to copy that,
>         too.
>

>         For converting a bunch of svgs to pngs I used the following
>         script I
>         found on the net (the number after -w is the width of the
>         pngs):
>
>         for i in *.svg; do inkscape -f "$i" -e "${i%%.svg*}.png" -w
>         22; done
>
>         Probably this can be tuned to create folders and move the
>         files
>         automatically or you can look for the one from Kenneth.
>
>         Martin
>

>         --
>

> just curious, what's you thesis about?
>
> --
> Emo Philips  - "I was the kid next door's imaginary friend."

I'm studying computer engineering and for my bachelor-thesis I am
designing a bus-interface for the LIN-Bus (a low-cost car communication
network) in VHDL (hardware description language) on an FPGA
("programmable" hardware).

The bus node consists of my interface communicating with an application
specific processor designed by an indian guy. Actually I've done
implementation and testing already, but now I have to write a
documentation about my work, which is the most annoying part ;-)

It's a little bit like documenting source code: nobody likes to do
it :-)

some more information: http://www.warwickcontrol.com/support/faqlin.php

Cheers
Martin