[ubuntu-art] Mark has Thrown Down the Gauntlet!

Salane Ashcraft salane89 at gmail.com
Thu Jul 24 16:23:15 BST 2008

Art Team-

So I think we see the need for guidelines, restrictions, and the like.
Mark has not given the sort of input Cory noted we need to be
successful. We have the wiki page that has guidelines, but it is
rather informal. We need something like this:
http://developer.apple.com/documentation/UserExperience/Conceptual/AppleHIGuidelines/XHIGIntro/chapter_1_section_1.html

Gnome also has one:
http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gup/hig/

Still, this doesnt really guide colors, shadows, gradients,
placements, and the like.

When Mark means we need to retain our identity, he wants just that- he
said how we did that was up to us.

To answer the question about fonts: Do you not see the need? The
current font is huge, uneasy on the eyes, and looks incredibly
outdated. It needs to be replaced, even if only for aesthetic reasons.

Salane