[ubuntu-art] Mark has Thrown Down the Gauntlet!

Cory K. coryisatm at ubuntu.com
Thu Jul 24 14:59:59 BST 2008

Salane Ashcraft wrote:
> Ok well I posted them a while back, about a month ago. I am working on
> creating a small team, and hopefully I can get some things done.

As do I.

> almost think that we need to wait a bit for Icons - as what I have
> been working on looks great with the current icons.

"retain our identity" Is no kind of direction and is exactly what we
have done in this art list up until now. We create some things that feel
like Ubuntu but who the hell knows if it will get used. We just create
without direction.

What sort of direction are you taking with the icons? An overarching
direction is needed. What should the new look feel like? Just making
some stuff and hoping it fits whit what ken does or Mark wants isn't the
way IMO. It's more of the same.

> Mark wants in 2
> years for us to have moved to the point of surpassing OS X.

haahahhaha. Without real direction this will never happen.

> So I
> think we can create this theme

Based around?

> change the fonts

 To? And why? For the sake of change?
> the work on icons for the next release, while making improvements to theme in
> preparation for the next LTS.

I think a *serious* critical eye needs to be taken with this all. With
plans and direction clearly approved by Mark from the start.