[ubuntu-art] GTK-theme proposal

Kim Kahns post at kims-area.com
Wed Jul 23 17:55:25 BST 2008

Am 23.07.2008 11:10:32 schrieb(en) Mario Viviani:
> The theme is really nice. Just a few suggestions:
>
> 1. Make the scrollbar more dark or more visible. Actually is quite
> difficult to instantly understand where the scrollbar is located
> because
> it uses the same colour of the scrollbar background.

Thats true. I changed them a little bit. They now have orange highlight
on each end so they are more visible.

> 2. In some apps, unselected text is grey, for example unselected
> mails
> in Evolution or packages in Synaptic. I think it's quite distractive
> and
> not eye-candy. Make them black and it will be great.

I tried it with black text, and I don't like it (too much contrast
imo). I made the text darker now, but not completly black.

> 3. delete the gray borders of the orange menuitem pngs, it will be
> more
> consistent with thewhite background.

Yep, I replaced them with orange borders, because they look blurred If
they have no border.

###

Am 23.07.2008 14:41:45 schrieb(en) Salane Ashcraft:
> Another question- anyway you can get the metacity to blend in with
> the
> GTK? Sort of like OS X?

I will make a metacity port of the emerald theme (of course without the
transparancy etc.).

> What is your opinion of rounding loading bars, scroll and slider
> buttons? I think these would look awesome rounded.

I used the murrine engine to skin these widgets (except scrollbars)
because the pixmap-engine does it not really good. But the I will try
it with rounded corners.

###

others changes:

- fixed notebook-background for the gnome-systemmonitor
- changed Gtkpaned-handles
- removed statusbar shadows

I attached the updated theme.

~Kim Kahns (Kimmik)