[ubuntu-art] Font talk by droid author

Justin Dugger jldugger at gmail.com
Mon Jul 21 03:43:33 BST 2008

On Sun, Jul 20, 2008 at 8:52 PM, Ashton <cogneato at gmail.com> wrote:
>> There's been some discussion about Liberation, Droid and other fonts,
>> and some questions about design and intent of Droid. Google recently
>> posted a video I think is somewhat relevant to the list:
>>
>> http://youtube.com/?v=rxbzE_JAs3A
>
> Excellent find Justin. I love the tech talk vids, thanks for finding this
> one.

This is but one among many; there's an entire series on photo
processing technology in the Google archives. I have an RSS feed for
lots of videos that Liferea polls for me:

* Google TechTalks: http://www.youtube.com/rss/user/googletechtalks/videos.rss
* Ubuntu Developer Videos:
http://www.youtube.com/rss/user/ubuntudevelopers/videos.rss
* Newest TED Talks: http://www.ted.com/themes/rss/id/46

There's also a lot of open source conferences that host videos of
varying quality. I found some oriented towards art but the video
production quality was terrible, despite leading with an ad for River
Valley Multimedia.  I dare say we never hire these folks!  I should
figure out how to put together a quality feed for all that just for
the service it provides.

Justin Dugger