[ubuntu-art] Quick question for the WIKI regarding the range of what constitutes a "theme"

Andrea Cimitan andrea.cimitan at gmail.com
Fri Jul 11 00:09:09 BST 2008

2008/7/11 Brian Fleeger <brianfleeger at yahoo.com>:

> >From: Salane Ashcraft <salane89 at gmail.com>
> >Honestly, there is one Canonical person who decides what goes in, and
> >that is Ken. Mark has the final say so.
> >As soon as I get more proposals, We will formulate a unified list,
> >create a mockup, and the themes will create the theme.
> >
> >There really will not be competing concepts.There are things we are
> >looking for, and things users want, so it is more effective if we work
> >towards one common theme using the guideline/discussion
> >mockup/discussion theme creation work flow.
>
> Sounds good.  Will the Art Team community be privy to critiquing the final
> theme dev process, or will it be Canonical internal?
>
> One more question: is Intrepid going to integrate a "main panel" look
> instead of the now-traditional three menu system (application, places, and
> system)?  If so, would ideas for its appearance and layout also be something
> up for Art Team design input?
>
> Just curious,
> Brian

The community here in the mailing list is completely unofficial and in most
case its mockups are ignored.
Even though at the same time it is the right place to propose your work, so
if you have time and you have something original in your mind -you should
really- post it here (why not contribute if you have a great idea? why don't
share it with the developers?).

Also, as said by kenneth, ten thousands of mockups full of transparency and
mac-like nautilus are completely useless.