[ubuntu-art] How to provide more alternate wallpapers without influencing CD size requirements

Brian Fleeger brianfleeger at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 8 05:38:16 BST 2008

----- Original Message ----

From: Cory K. <coryisatm at ubuntu.com>

>A add-om package in the repos is the way to go. Trick is, letting people
>know about it.

Doesn't the "add-on pack" route expect users to have a-priori knowledge of how to use Ubuntu and Linux in general?  Further, add-on packs make it sound a little too close to "Ubuntu SP1."

It also defeats the whole idea of user selected content (since it would be an all or nothing pack) -- and the user would not know what he/she is getting in advance, even if they did know to look for it.

The interesting part of my idea is that it would really enhance the user experience to be able to browse and choose exactly what you want from a selection where EVERYTHING is guaranteed to look beautiful.  It would be an opportunity to win user mindshare.

Its just an idea though, and I don't take it personally if you like it or not -- just something for you to consider.  If anyone does think it is worth passing along, please do so.

Regards,
Brian Fleeger