[ubuntu-art] Droid Fonts

Jimmy Angelakos vyruss at hellug.gr
Sun Jul 6 22:26:34 BST 2008

Please allow me to speak frankly:

I don't really see what all the fuss is about with that Droid font.
Deja Vu Sans is a beautiful font, especially the Condensed version I
use as my UI font. It supports many languages and looks quite modern
without being very "blocky" as Troy calls it.

Droid has extreme usability problems on my machine here. It looks very
condensed at the UI Font selection window, even more so than
DejaVuSansCondensed. However when I select it, it appears as a very
plain-looking uncondensed font (even plainer than FreeSans). When I
fire up Firefox, I get the extremely condensed version again, at the
same time when it looks uncondensed on my desktop.

What happened to the discussion about D.V.S.C. being the default font
and why are we considering a font that *might* be open source one day?

Cheers,
Jimmy