[ubuntu-art] Intrepid Ibex Art Wiki Pages

Salane Ashcraft salane89 at gmail.com
Sun Jul 6 17:50:47 BST 2008

Hello Ubuntu Artists-

I spoke with Shuttleworth at the last Community Council meeting. I
discussed with him what to do with the current look of Ubuntu. He is
in favor of giving at as big of an update as we, the art team, can
provide. He wants new fonts, new icons, and a new theme. We need to be
more organized, so we came up with a plan.

He wants all of this to be completely community driven. He wasn't
really in favor of one persons idea for a theme or an icon set, but
would rather us work together, in a unified movement, to get things
done.

A wiki page in the Ubunt wiki will be created for each one of these
areas. the first one, regarding fonts, already has been created.

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Intrepid/Intrepid_Ibex_Font_-_Art_Team

Please find open source fonts, create a section for them, and post a
picture showing what they look like.

We will use this same model for icons and the theme.

With regards to icons, Shuttleworth wanted us to start with the folder
icon, and create a new look based off of the human theme. So yes, we
are staying with the orange/brown look.
 Icons: https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Intrepid/Intrepid_Ibex_Icons_-_Art_Team

--
Salane Ashcraft