[ubuntu-art] Again, top posting.

Conn subpsyke at eircom.net
Sun Jul 6 17:09:17 BST 2008

On Sun, Jul 6, 2008 at 4:39 PM, Salane Ashcraft <salane89 at gmail.com> wrote:

> Yeah I know gmail does that- I just hate having lots of stuff in my email.
> I didnt think about it confusing people.
> Salane

You're still top-posting. When you click reply in Gmail, do *not* begin
typing your reply where the cursor rests by default. Scroll down and make
your reply *underneath* quoted text, and as an optional (but highly
recommended) step, delete unnecessary parts of the quoted text.

You have to understand that all messages send to this list are being
delivered to hundreds of people, and they have no control over the manner in
which these e-mails are presented to them. Only Gmail users can afford the
luxury of auto-threaded posts with redundant quoted text hidden by default.
For everyone else, it looks like a mess.