[ubuntu-art] Droid Fonts

Conn subpsyke at eircom.net
Sat Jul 5 21:09:56 BST 2008

On Sat, Jul 5, 2008 at 5:18 PM, Anton Kerezov <ankere at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think that we should definitely use this fonts because they will make
> the user feel the difference between old and new and because they save
> more space on the screen and look more organised.

Ubuntu uses 10pt fonts by default, whereas Windows uses 9pt, for example.
Usually the first change I make is to reduce the system font sizes (and
hinting), to conserve more screen space (as my laptop is limited to
1024x768, and GNOME seems to have a lot of widget "whitespace"). Having the
default font size at 9pt would be an excellent change, with new or old
fonts.