[ubuntu-art] Font suggestions

Kenneth Wimer kwwii at ubuntu.com
Wed Jul 2 13:53:10 BST 2008

On Wednesday 02 July 2008 14:43:21 Salane Ashcraft wrote:
> I am impressed... I especially like Droid Sans... lets find out about
> licensing ok?
> Salane
> salane89 at gmail.com

Although it says it is under the apache license the download includes no
license so it is not free at all. The font itself appears to have a license
in it:

> License URL: http://ascendercorp.com/eula10.html
>
> License: This font software is the valuable property of Ascender Corporation
and/or its suppliers and its use by you is covered under the terms of a
license agreement. This font software is licensed to you by Ascender
Corporation for your personal or business use on up to five personal
computers. You may not use this font software on more than five personal
computers unless you have obtained a license from Ascender to do so. Except
as specifically permitted by the license, you may not copy this font
software.

> If you have any questions, please review the license agreement you received
with this font software, and/or contact Ascender Corporation.

> Contact Information:
> Ascender Corporation
> Web http://www.ascendercorp.com/

So it is not free and we cannot use it (yet).

Btw, droid is made by the same company that made the liberation fonts.

Ken