[ubuntu-art] Whats Up with This?

Kenneth Wimer kwwii at ubuntu.com
Wed Jul 2 11:47:48 BST 2008

On Tuesday 01 July 2008 18:26:17 Ashton wrote:
> >I'll say it again, we are testing a dark theme to find out whether it is
>
> even
> possible to use one or not.
>
> Getting this message out before the alpha release would have been a good
> idea, in retrospect. I know there is no way to avoid TehMobMind over at
> Digg and the inevitable comments from people who hold a bizarre fascination
> with their own feces, the endlessly clever guesses about what the next
> build code name should be, etc...but some of the other comments might have
> been tempered if the writer at Ars was more informed (not that anyone at
> Digg would RTFA) about the goals of the dark theme. (Actually, I think the
> Ars piece was acceptable)

To be quite honest, I mentioned in the changelog that this is just for testing
and didn't realize how many non-developers would actually look at the alpha.
Live and learn :-)

My assumption now is that the normal human theme (the murrine version,
hopefully) is what we will fall back to unless a decison can be reached to
change that.

Ken