[ubuntu-art] Here's my hacked version of clearlooks and 3 themes to go with it. (updated)

Matthew Nuzum newz at bearfruit.org
Thu Jan 31 21:58:30 GMT 2008

xl, that does look good. The colors are a little bright for me, but I like
the way there's no dividing line below the menu bar.

I'm for adding this capability to the hardy theme. It's so simple and subtle
that most people won't notice it except that the windows feel less boxy and
cluttered. Subtle elegance.

Also, It appears you're not using desktop effects, so that may be the
difference, but I like the way the font looks in the title bar. Embossed
rather than 3d. I think it makes for text that is far more readable and less
messy. If that's something that can be controlled, I'd enjoy having that
enabled as well. I think the 3d text we have now may be a carry over from
the translucent title bars we had during the gutsy alpha period. Then it was
a necessity.

On Jan 31, 2008 2:26 PM, xl cheese <xl_cheese at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Not usually one to toot my own horn, but I think it looks pretty good.
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Hardy/Alternate/SmoothMergedGradients?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=UbuntuClearlooksScreenshot.png

> > From: xl_cheese at hotmail.com
> > To: ubuntu-art at lists.ubuntu.com
> > Date: Thu, 31 Jan 2008 14:19:23 -0600
> > Subject: Re: [ubuntu-art] Here's my hacked version of clearlooks and 3
> themes to      go with it. (updated)
> >

> > Try these updates Yo.
> >
> > Gtk-engines (Lowered the contrast on the merged menubar/toolbar gradient
> and added a line on the bottom of the toolbar to make 2nd toolbars look
> better.)
> >
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Hardy/Alternate/SmoothMergedGradients?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=gtk-engines-2.13.2_hack.tar.gz
> >
> > UbuntuClearlooks Theme.  (Updated the metacity and metacity
> close/max/min buttons and button prelights)
> >
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Hardy/Alternate/SmoothMergedGradients?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=UbuntuClearlooks.tar.gz
> > ________________________________
> >
> >> From: xl_cheese at hotmail.com
> >> To: ubuntu-art at lists.ubuntu.com
> >> Date: Sat, 26 Jan 2008 15:58:48 -0600
> >> Subject: [ubuntu-art] Here's my hacked version of clearlooks and 3
> themes to go with it.
> >>
> >> Instruction on how to install are included.
> >> I can't figure out how to compile and install clearlooks by itself so
> you'll have to reinstall the entire gtk-engines2.13.2 package.  All of the
> older clearlooks themes will not be altered.
> >>
> >> Three themes:
> >> UbuntuClearlooks.
> >> Glossyhacked -  This is the default glossy theme using the new menubar
> and toolbar.
> >> Union-  Just for fun.
> >>
> >> Enjoy!
> >>

> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Hardy/Alternate/SmoothMergedGradients?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=Enjoy.tar.gz