[ubuntu-art] why not use emerald on hardy?

Nemes Ioan Sorin nemes.sorin at gmail.com
Wed Jan 23 23:35:00 GMT 2008

You have right here, Compiz offer a lot of really useful extensions
(aside 3D cube - like Zoom, Opacify, Group and Tab Windows ...etc)

unfortunately there are several drawbacks on implementation of AIGLX
with proprietary drivers - even they offer support on the hardware side
- this collaboration is just too young. But things are in change,
peoples work on that - see Ubuntu blueprints. This feature will come
maybe on Ubuntu 9 or 10.

Until then I still hope in a GTK2 good engine. Maybe a new Murrine /
Clearlooks like engine.