[ubuntu-art] Alrighty: code cleanup, packaging, testing, video, blogging

Jason Brower encompass at gmail.com
Mon Jan 21 05:44:01 GMT 2008

Code Cleanup,
We will start to do the code cleanup.  If you have any experience in the
matter it would be really great to have your changes sent either here as
a diff or to your own bzr location.  I will merge it all as it comes.  I
personally am not that good at it.  But the latest release should be a
lot more readable than before.

Packaging,
We have got to get this.  I don't know how, but it should be done before
our submission on the first of February to Ubuntu.  With out a package
almost all chances are lost to get this into Ubuntu, let alone the live
CD. If you haven't blogged asking for someone to package I would do it.

Testing,
As always, we love having testing.  We need to find those little quirks
that are a little annoying.  One that I don't like is the layers are not
remembered when you add another object.  It would be nice to have that
working. I am going to play with getting the layers to move on each
click, rather than clicking and not seeing any change when really there
was. :D  Does anyone know how to compare two pixbufs? :)

Video,
I will be making a video of memaker tonight.  If you have any requests
for this video I would be happy to help you out.  I will make more
formats too.  Flash and Ogg in many details. :D  I hope that it can be
viewable for anyone.

Blogging,
Boy, I think this is where we have our power.  We have got to share this
with everyone.  I encourage everyone to blog about it and tell what they
like.  What part they contributed.  What you have learned.  Etc... Let's
make this release a booming success. :D

So, What does everyone think?
Jason Brower