[ubuntu-art] Ubuntu Idea Brainstorming Image Links (large)

Nicolas Deschildre ndeschildre at gmail.com
Fri Jan 11 11:24:50 GMT 2008

On Jan 10, 2008 1:34 PM,  <t_w_ at freenet.de> wrote:
> Hi!
>
> A first set:
> http://thorwil.wordpress.com/2008/01/10/ubuntu-idea-brainstorming-image-links/

Thanks!
I particularly like the F&G sample. With the higher contrast and the
big size, the title and votes jump to the eye (free translation from
french). The goal of the image link is clearly noticeable : click to
add your vote! I would probably decrease a little bit the "xx votes,
add yours" font size, as the "xx" part may contains reasonably up to 5
digits (number based on ideastorm samples).
I also like the big logo on the other samples, but unfortunately it is
a compromise with text space, so we can't make it too big... Also as
avatin mentionned, a small padding around the top text looks better.
So on the overall, I like F&G :)

As for the small ones, I like A&B because it has a big logo, more
easily noticeable on such little imgs, and because of the title
wrapped on three lines (and thus a higher font size that the others
candidates).
The C&D idea is nice, but for such a little size, given that's it's
already not easy to read, here it's beginning to be unreadable :)

Thanks for the nice work!

Nicolas