[ubuntu-art] Union mock-up compiz problem.

Mikkel Kamstrup Erlandsen mikkel.kamstrup at gmail.com
Tue Jan 8 16:40:56 GMT 2008

On 08/01/2008, xl cheese <xl_cheese at hotmail.com> wrote:

> That's actually the way clearlooks comes out of the box.  I just adjusted
> the color inside the engine to highlight the apps/places/system with the
> normal bg color instead of orange.
>
>  I wonder if the engine could draw the tab/menu combo as one widget and
> compiz would recognize it and draw the shadow the way we want?

If I understand correctly you suggest using some kind of shaped window
for menu+tab_header and then overlay that the normal menu button. That
might work if done correctly, but it is quite tricky I think.

While it might be technically possibly for the theme to rewrite the
window position for the popup (to have it north-east corner match that
of the panel button), I think it is a can of worms. This might trigger
all kinds of unknown position and focus bugs (which are notoriously
hard to right).

And alternative solution is to patch gtk+ itself, but that will
probably break all theme not using this trick...

Sorry, if I sound negative. I shall twist my brain to try and come up
with more constructive response...

Cheers,
Mikkel