[ubuntu-art] Moving things forwards.

Who mailforwho at googlemail.com
Thu Jan 3 02:17:56 GMT 2008

> Dude you are just spinning your wheels, because I don't understand how
> nything up to this point can be called brilliant. I don't claim to know what
> to implement to get this project back on its feet. But the fact is that we
> are more then two months into a six month release cycle without anything to
> show for it.

Can I point you to
https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Hardy/Alternate/ThemeTeams as
a potential solution

Why is it good? Because if we are developing additional themes in
teams we don't have to wait for official acceptance/say to do things.
Making a community theme is very rewarding (seeing people running it
that you don't even know!) and it seems the best way that this team
can have an impact on the style of the desktops Ubuntu users look at.
The default artwork needs to serve specific purposes that sabdfl has
in mind, so he has to be able to exert control over that - but if we
do community themes, we can just make them rock.

Ubuntu has a process for making new packages available to users. There
is no reason we, as a team, can't follow that and have our artwork
included in universe (or eventually in main, perhaps?) :) Being
default, well, that's a different story.