[ubuntu-art] The desktop as a folder (Re: next meeting)

Greg K Nicholson greg at gkn.me.uk
Fri Feb 8 14:02:47 GMT 2008

(Warning: the following is a personal example with no real point to make :) )

> The only reason to store something on the desktop is if you can't be
> bothered to put it where it's meant to go.  Ideally everything should be
> in the home folder, rather than split across a locations.

Yeah; that's why I use my desktop as a folder for incoming files (i.e.
downloads) and stuff I'm currently working on – anything that isn't
finished and/or has yet to be filed away or deleted. Most of the time
it's empty (so my lovely wallpaper is unmolested).