[ubuntu-art] next meeting

Webmaster, Jhnet.co.uk mail at jhnet.co.uk
Thu Feb 7 09:00:42 GMT 2008

Docks are a problem (though the rest seems alright)
1) None of the docks out there work properly without compositing
2) None seem to be stable
3) They are not actually as good as a task bar (in many people's opinion)
4) The implementations that I have seen do not work as well as apples dock
(which is only barley functional enough to be usable).
5) They take up way to much screen space for the functionality they offer (
e.g. if you run several document windows you have a screen full of open
office icons but no way to differentiate between them).
So from these points I think docks would not be a good way to go (but if
there is space I definitely thing they should be included, after all they
are popular amongst some people, especially Mac refugees.

I do think the rest of your suggestions were quite valid though, good ideas
(at least worth including over some of the themes that come included with
Ubuntu).

Jonathan