[ubuntu-art] Wallpaper: Brown and exciting

Cory K. coryisatm at nc.rr.com
Fri Feb 1 03:54:36 GMT 2008

Who wrote:
> On Feb 1, 2008 3:25 AM, Who <mailforwho at googlemail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Feb 1, 2008 3:21 AM, jmak <jozmak at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Looks good. Except the single branch on right that ends in the brown
>>> background doesn't seem to connect with the rest of the abstract form,
>>> compositionally. Taking that one out would make the image more
>>> complete, in my view.
>>>

>> You're right. Taking it out isn't easy - and when I last tried had
>> some rather ugly results - I might try extending it instead - do you
>> think that might work?
>>

> Turns out I was whining about nothing  - must have been too tired last
> time I tried to take it out :P
>
> I'll put the new on up on the wiki
>
> Who

Who, I see the BW one you put up. I was more thinking about just some
subtle shifts in the brown. Darker/lighter/some orange/whatever.

I'm not sure the technique you used but I can play with gimp tomorrow.
I'll do some legwork. :P

Fedora uses the same basic image but with 3 or 4 color changes. So 3 or
4 images that fade between each other.

I'm not saying make 4 images I'm just explaining the idea.

In any case, maybe we should let Ken (kwwii) chime before I get carried
away. :)

-Cory