[ubuntu-art] alpha wallpaper and icon needed

Dylan McCall dylanmccall at gmail.com
Wed Dec 31 07:27:32 GMT 2008

On Mon, Dec 29, 2008 at 11:33 AM, Thorsten Wilms <t_w_ at freenet.de> wrote:
> On Mon, 2008-12-22 at 14:54 +0100, Kenneth Wimer wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Wouldn't it be nice to offer a wallpaper for the Jaunty alphas? People working
>> on a test system would immediately know it and it might spur interest as well
>> (or rants, etc). I don't want to put any restrictions on the design, the
>> point is just to get something different in. If it helps to test out any
>> ideas or work towards some goal that is an added bonus. All entries should go
>> on the wiki.

I really like yours, Thorsten. ("Jackalope Sketch (Inverse)"). The
sketch style is a good metaphor for this being a development release.
Then again, Oblivian516's 2nd one is pretty awesome, too... Can we
have both? :P

It would be nice to have this kind of early wallpaper for every in
development Ubuntu, to keep people on their toes. (And those
"screenshot tour" media outlets confused).

I think the less pronounced antlers are a good idea. I've never
envisioned a Jackalope of having really significant antlers, since
that would defeat its cuteness. The first mission of any rabbit,
bizarre cross-species hybrid or not, is to be cute. I guess that's
where the monocromatic ones are again the least likely to stir
controversy.

Bye,
-Dylan