[ubuntu-art] [Breathe] system-file-manager and applications-office

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Mon Dec 29 19:08:23 GMT 2008

On Mon, 2008-12-29 at 13:54 -0300, spg76 wrote:
> I uploaded to the wiki new versions of system-file-manager and
> applications-office.
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/BreatheIconSet/Submissions

The perspective in applications-office2 makes it easier to recognise the
ring binders as such. It also makes the icon much more attractive.

However, the perspective is wrong. The edges of one direction are
neither parallel, or do they have a single vanishing point.

You might want to have a look at
http://www.drawingcoach.com/2-point-perspective-drawing.html
http://www.khulsey.com/perspective_2pt.html

Looking around, I also found instructional videos on Youtube, e.g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=felys-u4nfk
and "Related".

I'm not quite sure about the big, readable text on the labels.

The first system-file-manager looks much more believable than the
second. Changing the first to use a warm tone might be the better
direction.

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software: