[ubuntu-art] [Breathe] applications-* and others

Cory K. coryisatm at ubuntu.com
Fri Dec 19 18:11:42 GMT 2008

spg76 wrote:
>> * gnome-screenshot
>> I like this, but one pet-peeve of mine is having the screens (or device
>> icons in general) being consistent throughout a iconset. So could we
>> base it off of "computer.svg"?
>>
>> http://bazaar.launchpad.net/%7Ebreathe-dev/breathe-icon-set/trunk/download/head:/computer.svg-20080909194717-0ltd9umzu6tj4hyf-1/computer.svg?file_id=source_svg-20080904180602-4kcena7h7l22ot23-3
>>
> I see what you mean. I'm going to make a new one with the current
> computer.svg.
> Also, you want me to make another computer.svg based on the gnome-screenshot
> that I made to see how it looks?

No. I want to use the current computer.svg in gnome-screenshot. I am
open to another screen idea altogether but it must be widescreen and be
used throughout the set.

>> General comments:
>> Once I get a couple of things into BZR I'll release a snapshot. Maybe in
>> a few days. Sebastian: Do you have an issue with that? Would you like to
>> get a couple of icons solidified 1st?
>>

> Not right now. I think that when we have a more complete set we should
> review every icon to see if any of them needs more work.

Well as it's set to depend on Human it wouldn't be bad. One would see
where things didn't work and we can adjust now. I'm a fan of release
early and often but. I'll hold off for now. Maybe do something in
January and then monthly after that. It doesn't have to be perfect. Just
"here's how they are now" releases.

>> Though I think there are some inconsistencies going on, so far, I think
>> we have a good thing going. Things will evolve and we pull things
>> together as we spot issues. Speaking of, we need to make the optical
>> media consistent. Currently, the media-optical disk is different from
>> the disk in the Totem icon. If someone can standardize on one of these
>> and push to the wiki I'll upload to BZR. This will also help when we
>> create optical media icons for DVDs and such.
>>

> I agreed with this and it crossed my mind when I made the totem icon. If
> someone provides a new media-optical disk I'll edit the totem icon,
> Thanks for you comments.

I say just use the current media-optical. I like using *some* things
from Oxygen. It was kinda the point of Breathe so let's not shy away
from using work there where it fits. :)

-internet and -games have been uploaded but left on the wiki. Anything
that we're still unsure of can be removed from the Submissions page.

I have also uploaded various mimetypes drive and trash icons. I'll be
getting more up soon. *NOTHING* is totally final now. Part of the point
for me is to get *something* up to look at, ponder and discuss. :)

-Cory K.