[ubuntu-art] [Breathe] applications-office and applications-multimedia

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Wed Dec 10 14:01:44 GMT 2008

On Wed, 2008-12-10 at 09:57 -0300, spg76 wrote:
> I uploaded to the wiki icons for applications-office and
> applications-multimedia.
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/BreatheIconSet/Submissions

Interesting take on applications-office.

I feel close to missing some perspective, seeing a bit of the side of
one ring binder. The shadow of the leaning ring binder should be darker
towards the contact area.

For applications-multimedia, I think you could improve the composition a
bit by making sure that the right edge of the strip and the right edge
of the first "leg" of the note do not overlap.

The gloss is a bit much for my taste. There's a risk to head in a
sightly different direction with the more abstract icons. One strategy
to counter-act is to treat them like depictions of real world symbols.
In this case, as if the note was an actual physical object. Maybe one
made of wax. It already gives a good impression of volume, but it's a
bit on the comic side.

In any case, the reflection on the top, the connection part, is much to
uneasy. Please try a single, slight bow instead of a wave there.

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software:
http://thorwil.wordpress.com/