[ubuntu-art] Tossing some Window decorations into the pot.

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Sun Aug 31 09:05:39 BST 2008

On Sat, 2008-08-30 at 14:42 -0500, xl cheese wrote:

> Get 'em here:  (*Quality* feedback would be appreciated.  :)  )
> Screenshot of the Metacity:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Intrepid/xl_cheeselooks...?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=xl_dark_alt_metacity.jpg
>
> Metacity download:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Intrepid/xl_cheeselooks...?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=xl_cheeselooks_DarkAlt.tar.gz
>
> Screenshot of Emerald:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Intrepid/xl_cheeselooks...?action=AttachFile&do=get&target=xl_darknew.jpg
>
> Emerald download:
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Intrepid/xl_cheeselooks...?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=87877-xl_dark.emerald.tar.gz

>From a little viewing distance, the double lines around the wm buttons
blur together to one. On first sight, I wondered if this is meant to be
a sunken in look with light on the outer edge and had to view closer to
see it is not.

To me it seems problematic that titlebar and menubar appear as one for
focused windows, but fall apart due to titlebar transparency for
unfocused windows. You could perhaps use an alpha gradient or do away
with the transparency.

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software: