[ubuntu-art] // wider opinion of Dust theme from Ubuntu users //

Brian mirror_of_twilight at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 26 21:29:51 BST 2008

----- Original Message ----

From: julian <julian at julianoliver.com>
To: Discussion on Ubuntu artwork <ubuntu-art at lists.ubuntu.com>
Sent: Tuesday, August 26, 2008 12:21:39 PM
Subject: [ubuntu-art] // wider opinion of Dust theme from Ubuntu users //

i thought it's perhaps worth drawing attention to the 'public'
appreciation of the Dust theme mockups:

    http://brainstorm.ubuntu.com/idea/12479/

    http://www.lunduke.com/?p=116

both of the above URL's had around 1.5k diggs and no less than 200 comments.
there is some worthy criticism/commentary in those threads. clearly Dust
is a direction worth following.

the first mockup didn't grab me all that much but this is certainly
going places, save perhaps the folder icons themselves (which look a
little stale, IMO. maybe it's that the grey in the 'dusty' window BG is
pulling in the grey from the folders too much, flattening them out):

    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Intrepid/DustTheme?action=AttachFile&do=view&target=ibexconcept.jpg

cheers!
--
julian oliver
http://julianoliver.com

HOLY CRAP.
I LOVE that background. It's amazing. I hadn't seen that yet. :D

Honestly, I love the folders/nautilus bg in that too, but it's prolly a bit too vintage-y for most people, so I agree we'd wanna go with something  little brighter.

-Brian