[ubuntu-art] Naxos Intrepid, My new concept idea of theme.

Conn subpsyke at eircom.net
Fri Aug 22 17:49:06 BST 2008

On Fri, Aug 22, 2008 at 3:05 PM, Giuseppe Pennisi <giupenni78 at gmail.com>wrote:

> Hi,
> this night I have made a new idea of theme for Intrepid.
> The theme is inspired on Kith Intrepid and I made it with murrine
> (stable version).
>
> The goal of the theme is make a new art theme that can be practicable
> with actual stable tecnology but easily extensible with future
> tecnology.
>
> https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Intrepid/NaxosIntrepid
>

> What do you think?
>
> gp

Some "technical" comments:

If you're creating a theme aimed for Intrepid, then you should be using the
newest Murrine SVN release that Intrepid already uses. I assume you're still
using Hardy, so you can add Kenneth Wimer's PPA to your sources.list to get
the newer engine:

https://launchpad.net/~kwwii/+archive

I also strongly recommend that you investigate the new engine options.
Andrea hasn't documented these options officially yet (as far as I know),
but you can find the full listing of options with (possibly inaccurate)
descriptions in the Human-Murrine and NewHuman gtkrc files.

Your gtkrc is using the obsolete "hilight_ratio" parameter that needs to be
replaced by "highlight_ratio".