[ubuntu-art] Re : IbexSunset-widescreen

Bart Van Loy auticoder at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 20 08:55:28 BST 2008

Message: 1Date: Tue, 19 Aug 2008 13:41:01 +0200From: Thorsten Wilms <t_w_ at freenet.de>Subject: Re: [ubuntu-art] IbexSunset-widescreenTo: ubuntu-art at lists.ubuntu.comMessage-ID: <1219146061.6524.9.camel at charly>Content-Type: text/plain On Tue, Tue, 19 Aug 2008 13:41:01 +0200, Thorsten Wilms wrote:  >It looks to me like you used a photo, used pixel-selection (maybe magic>wand) to extract the Ibex and made it black. This has 2 problems, then:  >>The choice of photo doesn't offer the best view, as the horns look too>much like one thing at the start and the farther away horn ends ends>hidden by the shoulder. >The silhouette isn't smooth. To get it smooth, you have to use the path>tool. But I would advice tracing in Inkscape, as that's more comfortable>and you end up with a small, flexible SVG.
Sorry , but i didn't used pixel-selection , i did used a path (GIMP) , and modified it with the eraser to get it sharp.
Because i've seen real life pictures of sunsets and silhouettes aren't smooth , they are sharp , in contrast to the sunset.
About the view , i did something about it ( used another ibex and it looks better , i think ) maybe you like it the new way.
Feel free to view the new one on https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Intrepid/IbexSunset-widescreen
Comments , tips are welcome ...
Deel gratis je vakantiefoto's met al je vrienden!