[ubuntu-art] Intrepid Dust Theme

SorinN nemes.sorin at gmail.com
Tue Aug 19 10:19:03 BST 2008

1. What I can see ? - finally an other scrollbar design - (as I proposed in
the past). For the rest we have Aurora M1, Aurora Borealis, Orion Aurora,
Dark Aurora ...etc. Nothing 'kinky' on this theme (that's good). Pretty bad
is dark - but at least is simple, clean, clear.2. You should put triangle
arrows on scrollbar - actual V lines are not so visible.
3. Pretty but - just pretty look - no too much original (read Ubuntu
distinctive elements).
4. Ken, you must be jokin'....

2008/8/18 Ken Vermette <vermette at gmail.com>

> On Mon, Aug 18, 2008 at 9:50 AM, Andrew Wood <caish5 at tpg.com.au> wrote:
>
>> I'm a big fan of this very clean and modern looking.
>>

>> On Sun, 2008-08-17 at 23:31 -0700, Brian wrote:
>> > https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Incoming/Intrepid/DustTheme
>> >
>> > Has anyone opened this for discussion?
>> > I think it's a very good mockup, and doesn't look like it'd take that
>> > much work to get a working mockup from it at least.
>> > Throw in some orange highlights here and there, and I think this would
>> > be absolutely perfect. [:
>> >

>> --
>>

> I actually gasped aloud (to the cause of great mockery on my part) when I
> saw this.
>
> This is the GTK look, the frame blends beautifully, I just have no words.
> This mockup has caused me to scrap my current design for Kin Piano, and I'm
> going to use this as a template for anything I do further, but this
> remarkable theme, in my humble opinion, is it. I dont know if I can do
> better, because this is always what I've been trying to aim for, in sheer
> cleansliness and polish.
>
> Excellent, Excellent work.
>
> --
> -Ken Vermette