[ubuntu-art] Music Idea

Dean Landolt dean at deanlandolt.com
Fri Aug 15 05:37:44 BST 2008

On Thu, Aug 14, 2008 at 9:36 PM, <skunkrecords at gmail.com> wrote:

> I think it's an interesting idea. I think ubuntu should ship with some
> media that's licensed
>  under Creative Commons, like Radio Head, or include some nice images from
> Flickr
>  (so you have something to destroy when you try out gimp).

I remember something like this coming up recently (re: wallpapers I
believe), but apparently space is at an absolute premium on the install cds.
That said, it'd be really cool to supplement the Examples folder with a
simple apt-get for all kinds of high-quality cc stuff (not Radiohead -- it's
not cc and probably won't be any time soon), and perhaps a simple launcher
in the examples folder to kick this off for the newbies.