[ubuntu-art] Heads up: We now have proper sound themes!

Dylan McCall dylanmccall at gmail.com
Thu Aug 14 18:53:09 BST 2008

Some recent news... GNOME now has proper sound themes following the
Freedesktop specification! Much discussion on the GNOME mailing lists...
I'm linking to this one since it's fairly informative and has the right
links:

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2008-August/msg00071.html
(Sorry if that got cut off. It's on gnome desktop-devel-list, thread
title "New svn module: gnome-sound-theme", posted on August 9).

We can have sounds for events, such as trash-emptied. It's very cool.
It would be worthwhile building a rich Ubuntu sound theme for 9.04.
Also keep in mind that Bango kicked off from an Ubuntu Forums post ;)

Bye,
-Dylan