[ubuntu-art] New Wave new version available

Anton Kerezov ankere at gmail.com
Wed Aug 13 18:20:28 BST 2008

В 18:59 +0200 на 13.08.2008 (ср), Thorsten Wilms написа:
> On Wed, 2008-08-13 at 18:13 +0300, Anton Kerezov wrote:

> This theme gives me the impression that the wallpaper sits in front of
> the panel(s) and window contents in front of the title/menubar. Fine if
> this is intentiona ;). Strange but interesting.

That's the layered view effect that is intentional.

> Menu text colour should switch colour on losing focus just like titlebar
> text to get things a little more uniform.

Unfortunately this is impossible as the menu is not part of the window
manager and could not get signals for focused/unfocused windows.

> Scrollbar sliders seem just a tiny bit asymmetrical. It would be better
> to have them perfectly centred or to emphasise they are not by rounding
> the outside corners.

Intentional too :) I imagine them as being a piece of smth that is below
the content you scroll. That is why they are rounded only at one side.

> I wanted to write that I miss a hover effect on pulldown menus, but then
> noticed Human doesn't have one, either. You could one-up it here ;)

Pulldown menus? Are these the arrows at the end of a menu when there is
no enough space to show all its contents?

Anton