[ubuntu-art] Theme engines

George Kendros georgekendros2 at gmail.com
Tue Aug 12 19:13:08 BST 2008

I have tried the theme.

The reason I say tabs 'should' look a certain way is because tabs are
emulating an actual physical object. Thorsten, I understand your point about
consistent UI metaphors and it makes a lot of sense. The only thing I'm
saying is that you first need to disassociate the UI object from the actual
physical object that the UI metaphor is based on.

When you try to combine the idea of tabs with the idea of active=depressed
you create a paradox because the very nature of tabs is that the active
object is raised to the top.