[ubuntu-art] Theme engines

Thorsten Wilms t_w_ at freenet.de
Tue Aug 12 14:19:43 BST 2008

On Tue, 2008-08-12 at 09:07 -0400, George Kendros wrote:

> The only place where I differ is the tabs. I think it looks weird
> having the active tab look 'pressed in'. The active tab is supposed to
> be above the inactive tabs so it create a strange look when it's
> below.

It is supposed to? Says who? Maybe meant to say it commonly is?
That's quite a difference.

When I came up with that style in an old mockup, my reasoning was about
using a more uniform language. So things you single-click on should
share the style of buttons. Things you cannot click on should not look
like buttons. Having Active linked to depressed and avoid having
something move to the front if you click-down on it.

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software:
http://thorwil.wordpress.com/