[ubuntu-art] Shiki-Colors

Dylan McCall dylanmccall at gmail.com
Thu Aug 7 18:47:32 BST 2008

> There is a new theme added to gnome-look called Shiki-Colors. The theme
> looks very interesting (and quite similar to the New Wave idea).
>
> Preview is available at -
> http://www.gnome-look.org/content/preview.php?preview=2&id=86717&file1=86717-1.jpg&file2=86717-2.jpg&file3=86717-3.jpg&name=Shiki-Colors
>
> The actual theme page is at -
> http://www.gnome-look.org/content/show.php/Shiki-Colors?content=86717
>
> Looks like the theme as two variants - one which depends on murrine SVN and
> one which is pure clearlooks.
>
> Do take a look at it.

Nice!

The only thing bothering me is the "cap" over title bars. It is busy
and does not deliver any extra functionality. Perhaps if it had that
highlight on the bottom instead, which would make it easier to resize
windows. (Currently a difficult task with thin borders).
I do see the benefit of that cap to highlight the focused window, of
course. If it didn't obstruct the title text, for example just a thin
coloured border at the top, I would have less of a problem with it.

I always like seeing a theme that does away with the totally
unnecessary thick window borders, though :)

Bye,
-Dylan