[ubuntu-art] Wall-light

Matt Taylor 87.matt at gmail.com
Mon Aug 4 16:28:11 BST 2008

Ill Try and see if g-mail would like to work this time :P

Hello,

Although nice, I'm not sure this is the best way forward for the ubuntu look
& feel.

Its some sort of a OS X , Vista love child.

Ubuntu must offer something more out there, beautiful but yet 180o from what
is deemed to be the GUI of an operating system.

I my view its much better for people to be original and create there own
themes that suite there needs. This can be achieved by overhauling the way
you manipulate icon's, colour schems etc.

Including a vast array of tools, options and the ability to link in
more seamlessly with 3rd party providers that program apps for Last.fm,
MySpace, Twitter etc. Will help forge people into creating a desktop
experience that's right for there needs.

Most importantly the art of ubuntu must not been seen to keep up with OSX
and Vista. But to offer something truly amazing that redefines how users
interact with their machine

On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 4:03 PM, Alexi Helligar <alexih at mojeaix.com> wrote:

> This theme is a closer to what I think Ubuntu should be working
> towards for Intrepid. I don't think there should be as many rounded
> corners as in the mock-ups.
>
> On Mon, Aug 4, 2008 at 8:12 AM, Vadim Peretokin <vperetokin at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>  > Hi,
> >
> > I'd just like to show my support, as many other people positively had,
> for
> > this theme: http://digg.com/linux_unix/Intrepid_Ibex_Mockup_Designs
> >
> > Cheers.
> >
>  > --