[ubuntu-art] Theme subteams

Cory K. coryisatm at ubuntu.com
Wed Apr 30 21:43:29 BST 2008

shadowh511 wrote:
> On Wed, Apr 30, 2008 at 1:37 PM, shadowh511 <shadow.h511 at gmail.com
> <mailto:shadow.h511 at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>         Didn't I just say something to the same effect? Though I
>         wouldn't put in
>         the negative connotations in the descriptions.
>
>         If they don't make the repo package, they could go on GNOME-look.
>
>         -Cory \m/
>

>     yeah, but if the themes are on gnome-look, how is the average user
>     supposed to know how to install them?
>
>     I think that if the themes are rejected, they get packaged anyway,
>     and the user is given instructions on how to use the themes (wiki
>     page!!!)
>
>     I have been using gnome-look a lot and i still get confused.  a
>     ubuntu client for gnome-look would be very nice.

Most themes come in a .tar and you simple drop them in the theme
manager. I really don't see why that's hard. In Windows you have to hack
files to get it to use 3rd party themes and tons of people figure it
out. The same people with the drive to them windows are smart enough to
figure it out on linux. Your grandma doesn't change themes.

 mark at ubuntu.com

But know, it's just gonna get forwarded to Ken who is already watching
this list. :P

-Cory \m/