[ubuntu-art] Theme subteams

Álvaro Medina Ballester xlasttrainhomex at gmail.com
Wed Apr 30 21:18:40 BST 2008

El 30/04/2008, a las 22:01, Cory K. escribió:

> Álvaro Medina Ballester wrote:
>> El 30/04/2008, a las 21:32, Cory K. escribió:
>>
>>> That's for Ken ans sabdfl to worry about. Maybe none of them. Being
>>> default should not be one's motivation.
>>>
>>> -Cory \m/
>>>

>> I think that creating default theme is a great motivation. Otherwise,
>> deviant-art contests would be completely nonsense. But if someone
>> wants to develop the default artwork should follow Ubuntu guidelines.
>> Where are they? I don't know, I don't know even if they exist. The
>> only "official" "guidelines" are this ones [1], really?
>>
>> In my opinion, that should be enough to start creating something, but
>> if we had more info that would be great.
>>
>> [1] https://wiki.ubuntu.com/Artwork/Official
>>
>> PD: the most important things that I see in that page are the pallete
>> and the logo, but maybe having more information would help more.
>>

> I'm sorry, but you and others just really haven't been listening to me
> and others who have gone through this already. sabdfl doesn't know
> what
> he wants 'till he sees it. He has never been clear. So there are only
> ever vague guidelines to go by.
>
> So take out being default because it will only leave you pissed-off
> when
> your work isn't picked. Just create. Come up with a vision and follow
> through. Being in the repo should also feed your ego if you are such a
> person.
>
> -Cory \m/

Ok, so I have not understood you. Now I see quite clear how is this,
let's see if It really is what I think:

We must create artwork, just that. With no limits, don't force anybody
to follow guidelines, just create. Then sabdfl will se everything
we've created and then he will decide. If the artwork is not official,
it will be packaged.

Sometimes it's hard to understand everything when english is not your
language, but I think that now I'm getting it, really?

Cheers!