[ubuntu-art] Theme subteams

Hylke Bons h.bons at student.rug.nl
Wed Apr 30 15:47:19 BST 2008

Cory K. wrote:
> Hylke Bons wrote:
>
>> I like the sub-teams idea. But I think it's  a little unfair to let for
>> example 5 teams work on a full theme, while only one gets chosen.
>>

> If all someone wants to do is default art that's the wrong motivation.
> It ain't gonna happen. Ignoring getting into the default art is the best
> and most freeing way to go about it. No limits.
>
> -Cory \m/
Why is that the wrong motivation? Isn't that the goal for 8.10?
If someone wants to do a default theme to stroke their ego's or just for
fun, I don't really care, it's the result that counts.

What I wanted to make clear is that it's a waste of time when a lot of
teams put a huge amount of time in their themes when we all know the
most are not going to make it. Instead I think it's better and "fairer"
to set up teams by purpose. Like an icon team, gtk team, wallpaper team
etc. So we are sure we get the best of all worlds and the team leaders
can elaborate with each other about the direction and adjust the styles
to each other and get one awesome style for 8.10!

Hylke